Wednesday 30 March 2011

Wednesday

No Selections again for me today Ill be trying to create a few angles on the exchanges to trade the pre race markets then in running but nothing im confident enough to put up as an outright selection.We see the first turf flat card today and whilst I will always be more foccused on Jumps racing I will be taking an intrest through the flat season.I mainly focus on all age handicaps and group races as these tend to be the 2 areas I can have the most success with as the form tends to be more consistent.During the peak summer months I find the only way you can keep track of things is to focus on one or two areas only.I have found now that there are plenty others with the same views and im sure looking around the various blogs etc you can soon create a decent portfolio to keep you going through the season looking at the different types of flat races.

hereford

2.10
Furrows coming out of this race has slighlty spoilt things as I was keen on him today and he has also now taken the race down to the 7 runners.I think the best angle now is to seriously consider why dubai crest is a 5/4 shot against plenty horses here who all have similar claims.Swift lord is weighted to beat dubai crest from when they previously faced each other some will say the fav has improved since but the form book does not show that for me.Raya star has fallen on 2 occasions over hurdles from just the 4 starts and that has to be a concern but he should have no issues with conditions today and when he has compliated he has put up a couple of decnt events in arguably stronger races than dubai crest.Nobunaga did not
settle lto but ive seen plenty similar types run a decent race round here and can easily see him being involved as well.Dashing doc had also shown enough ability on the flat to not be out of his depth here if his hurdling is ok on debut as this ground should suit him.I would not be confident of finding the winner here so im going to be laying dubai crest as he seems to be very much priced up on connections.

2.40
Very poor handicap hurdle and I dont think you could be confident about any here.Chicago alley has plenty to rpove for me back from a long lay off and I would not be convinced with only hope the 2nd fav putting in another decent effort 2nd time around after a lay off.The outsiders all look very moderate which leave me with storm command who has showed a bit more promise on 2 of his last 3 runs and the step up in trip should suit now he is settling into his races better and he would be my choice.

3.40
Sizing ireland is respected here as his last run was promising enough and he should improve for that experience I much prefer his chances to reginaldinho who I think looks in need of more time and seems to have his own idea about things.Oscar close has not reporoduced his irish form yet and has it to prove for me currently.Cap falco is the most intresting one I think as there is still scope for improvement and there was a lot to like about the debut run over hurdles 17 days ago.This trip should suit and I dont think much improvement is needed to be involved here.

4.40
Another weak handicap this is a little more competeive however I think but that is probably down tyo the fact they all come with risks.Bertenbar has ran well on last 2 occasions but im not convinved the trip will suit round here.Paparadon could be the one if in the right mood as the track could be suited to his style and I could see him getting away from these.The bottom 2 have similar claims but at the current prices Id probably go with ro de guye who despite being on a 7lb higher mark than he has ever won of I think its more important that he showed he was coming back to himself a
little lto he looks the one most likely suited by conditions as well.

I have had a quick look at the catterick card and whilst I dont tend to get involved to heavily just yet.There are three horses that catch my eye at decent prices.spirit of coniston 2.20 is a better horse round catterick and is back on a decenet mark now draw the concern but is a big price.Politbureau 2.50 could be an old fasioned easterby touch here 3 runs for a mark shown enough claimer on board market seems to be keen.This time its Tim , trading 5.20 has shown enough during the spring last season had a run this time round back on turf off a fair mark in a poor event.

No comments:

Post a Comment