Tuesday 29 March 2011

Tuesday

Just the one jumps card at Taunton today and yet again I can't find anything strong enough to warrant a selection.closest I probably came was foreign king.

Taunton 

3.20 

Trappy little event and you can make claims for most here.Posh emily I think should be involved asd despite 
being exposed and above her highest handicap mark she is more consistent than a few of these and will handle conditions.Id want to see more again from giant o marchu of this higher mark and the trip is not guranteed to suit either.So that would probably leave me with teshali and foreign king as the most likely winner  the drop in grade and and trip look ideal for teshali       
But he does have to improve on what he has shown so far and I probably just prefer foreign king who looks to be fairly weighted on his best form and will like the decent ground.I can see this being ran at a decent clip though and im a little concerned about his jumping under pressure.he has been fairly well supported this morning already and it's seems a few like his chances should go well but there has to be more solid 5/1 shots.

3.50

As written before Id be more than happy to take earth planet as im just convinced with him the extra distance may suit but how he is fav here on what he has shown I do not know.my  likely winner would be cold mountain who has plenty going for him back from a back hardly screaming a value punt though.

4.20

I cant see past shackelsborough here and whilst I cant really be rushing out to back him at the odds despite him drifting I also would not be keen to lay him here this ground is going to be in his favour I think and we should see an improved performance today his best form came over this course and a reproduction of that would still likely to be good enouhg to win the uncompetetive handicap.

March Running Balance -9.80pts

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. The Taunton meeting is dire, yet it is not the tracks fault. Surely there are more than 6 novices in the West Country that could contest the 1st-2 races on the card?
    The 4m2f h'cap chase is a good idea to give an opportunity to those not capable of a rating high enough for next weeks Grand National, but if they want to be taken seriously then the going needs to be no faster than "good".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about there need for good ground still at this time of the year but I don't see the need of some of these novice events at this time of the season I'd much rather see plenty more novice handicaps or even sone kind of conditions races restricted to novices the day to racing just seem to be i'n decline at the moment with so much focus around re big events and I think a lot has to go down to race planning.

    ReplyDelete