Tuesday 1 February 2011

Tuesday

Disappointing end to the month with 2pts lost yesterday I have to be happy with the fact the month finished in profit though from the position I was in during the middle part of January. Folkestone looks moderate racing for me today and not much interest there taunton is a little better and going to have 2 small bets there and would also put nobody of the other horse.

Taunton

2.20 Don’t think you can make a rock solid case for any of these here, few of these have the potential to improve but the one I like the most is ranjobaie,who for me showed enough lto despite not jumping great and is thereabouts on hurdles form.Conditions should suit well and expect him to go close, top price 11/4 is a bit short though.

320 red law 1pt win 10/3 365 bog

Im cautious here about getting involved in a low grade race like this but im confident red law is a well handicapped horse at the moment considering he has been dropped 5lbs for a decent run lto. That was the first time he had shown any promise really and obviously it is a small concern he needs to reproduce that effort again but if doing so I cant see much else getting involved. The slight drop back in trip should suit as the run did flatten out a little last time. I think price is more than fair and is a Confident selection but staking reduced due to the grade of the race.

350 karky Schultz 1/2pt e/w 10/1 gen bog

Tenor nivernais is the obvious place to start and normally these are the one im keen to take on but for me he is a fairly solid fav and my only concerns are the race coming to soon and the price.Kings revenge is respected on a rating perspective but he is a bit of a character and can probably be left alone for now. Henry king has not stopped improving this season but up in grade and plenty short enough for me.teshali and my shamwari are the potential improvers but neither have shown me enough to suggest they are well treated and I think it’s a better option to go with solid handicap form. Karky Schultz is the interesting one for me here as he showed he was near his best lto with a good run from the front. Has won races of a slightly higher mark and although he may get taken on a little bit here this track should suit his style well and at a double figure price I think he is worth a small investment.

Ending balance January +9.8pts

1 comment: