Friday 11 February 2011

Friday

Well you have to be happy with days like yesterday 2 winning selections at 13/2 and 9/1.Was nice to see premier des marias win as he did and its very rewarding when things work out like that, when you have noted a horse from his previous run.Highway code was obviously a lucky winner but at the same time they all count and im not going to be complaining when your lucks in.He looked guranteed for place but needs to hurdle better if he is to progress further now.Was also nice to see a couple of the mentions run as expected and I cant be more happier with how things are going at the moment.

Interesting cards today kempton being the highlight,I do think the racing is tricky today and im very much on the cautious side of things today.Im going with 3 selections the first 2 are not the most solid selections I have made but I do think the prices are worth the risk.


130 kempton balerina 1/2pt e/w 14/1 vc coral bog

Firstly fav is a crazy price and makes the market here for me to find a selection which looks fair value.There are a few in here who could now show a fair deal of improvement and for me balerina is one of these but at the same time he has already shown enough to say he can be thereabouts in a race like this.3 runs and has slowly improved with each off them,Expect this course to suit well and can see him going well at a nice price.

310 kempton el diego 1/2pt e/w 20/1 gen bog

Plenty of potential improvers here and there are more than a couple that have interesting connections behind them who are more than capable of landing a touch.El diego was a selection lto and frankly ran a poor race first time in a handicap,Im sure hopwever he had shown enough promise to suggest he can win a race of around this mark.I think this track and better ground will suit and I think the jockey booking is interesting.Plenty of risk here but big price and worth a small investment for me.

345 kempton

Always been a fan of crack away jack and it will be interesting to see how he progresses on his come back trail today but really there is plenty in punchestowns favour today and it does look like his race to give away, that said I think its a brave one who gets involved at odds on.

420 kempton soixante 1pt win 11/2 vc 365 bog

Support is starting to come for soixante and Id want to be taking 5/1 + here.Firstly the negative is the stable are still not flying however soixante for me has plenty in his favour today.Loves kempton and I think its only one poor run here when probably needing that outing.Shows his form this time of season,Ground and trip shouild just about be ok and the biggest positive has to be ap back on board.

225 muss

Similar to lake legend yesterday if there is a short price horse who I dont think is bad value today and thats alderley rover who has showed more than enough this season to such he can win a race like this.sitting tennant is the obvious danger but he has plenty to find and is coming back from a big lay off.

300 muss

The bottom 2 have form which gives them chances here but for me I could see stormy weather enjoying these conditions today and ouit classing his rivals 5/2 in a tricky handicap is tight though so best watched.

410 muss

This looks a tricky handicap plenty have claims on there best for my choice would be zitenka but could probably have a few goes at this and still not find the winner.

Just a quick point that I will be attending Newbury tommorrow so to give the cards justice I will be aiming to post a full anaylsis latter today and maybe some early selections with a further update of any other selections in the morning.I will update on twitter when blog is updated or you can drop me an email to be added to the mail list.

Running total Febuary + 17.2pts

No comments:

Post a Comment