Friday 25 February 2011

Friday

Well laterly well and truly made me eat my words winning in very comfortable fashion looking well ahead of his handicap mark. Sometimes a type like this will always make you look silly at the sp of 7/1 was not a bad price at all and those happy  to still get involved despite the drift would have been very happy. The market defiantly corrected itself with my selection eastern clump who was halved in price from the morning 11/1 to an sp of 11/2, he ran a solid race to finish 2nd and I’m sure there will be other days over further and if he brushes up on his hurdling. The big positive is obviously spotting the early value and like I’ve said before as long as I keep doing this the winners will soon follow.

Heavy ground at Warwick does not make much appeal to me and nothing to note on the Irish card so it’s just Sandown to look at.

 No selections 

2.20 Sandown

Denarius is obviously well in on ratings but this is a different test than lto and the interesting one for me here is Lorient express. LE comes here with an absence of 370 days and as a 12 year old would not probably be most peoples likely winner whoever there is good reasoning to think he can run a good race here.Firstly this isn’t the hottest of races and the horse is defiantly taking a decent drop in grade. His record fresh is excellent and I’m sure connections would not be keeping this horse going if they did not think he could be competitive still. His mark whilst 4lbs higher than his best winning mark is still one I think he could go well off as good form has been shown of higher marks than this. Sam Thomas gets on well with the horse and this previous cd winner has conditions to suit as well.

3.25 Sandown

Interesting little novice chase and I think all 3 trainers are trying to get a bit more practice into these novices before they try their hand in completive handicaps during the spring.pepe simo already has a mark which for me is a little too high for what he has shown so far and it will be interesting to see how this works out today.

4.00 Sandown

Prince de seuill is not a horse I can have much confidence in backing but I think connections have found the key to him this season and whilst I would not be rushing out to back him I don’t think he is the worst 7/2 shot ever and I would not want to be opposing here.

4.35 Sandown

Moleskin looks sure to go well here but I’m just not convinced he’s well handicapped at the same time. Theatre dance is on a fair mark but I’m sure he wants to go right handed and I’m not convinced with his will to win at the moment. River Indus could go well at a price as he does like Sandown and but the one I’m most interested in is Antonius ceaser who bounced right back to form lto under a positive ride. A look back at his old form shows he is more than fairly treated and he has gone well round Sandown before and I think he deserves a chance to show he can put a couple of decent efforts together.

 


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment