Sunday 27 February 2011

Schooling Sunday

No joy from the 2 selections yesterday aikedeau was well supported in the end to an sp of 8/1 I hope a few that got the early odds decided to lay off for a free bet as he did not really run his race. Things did not really go to plan with Fistral beach and goes down yet another horse near the front of the market that has let me down.

After racing today at leopardstown today we have the now traditional gallops after racing which I have seen this morning at the races are advertising as schooling Sunday, Sometimes im not sure what we actually gain from these gallops but its nice to be given the opportunity to see these events and I’m sure my Dad will never let me forget a few years ago when sky’s the limit put in a fantastic piece of work and him telling me on numerous occasions before the coral cup that he was the biggest certainty at that year’s festival ,before landing the odds in impressive style with not a penny of my cash on him.

No selections

2.20 leop

Interesting race but strong views can be taken with plenty reverting back to hurdles sublimilty showed little lto but had ran well previously and it would not surprise me to see him run a decent race.

2.50 leop

I’d be against Golan guy here who looks priced up on connections more than anything else he looks a straightforward lay here for me as there are plenty you can give chances to. The 2 I like the most are with whatsabillion and its all hush hush the problem here is they are the next 2 in the market currently and no real value can be had.

3.20 leop

Against another fav here in pittoni who has not got the form to warrant his price. Action master has got the form but is just far too short in a race like this and I’d be happy laying the pair here, plenty of possibilities here ainama and cass bligh are both solid types who should go well but just looks too difficult.

4.25 leop

kilcrea castle is worth a mention here as he has the ability to win a race like this however im sure he is a better horse on a decent surface and he didn’t show enough lto over hurdles for me to get involved today.

3.45 fontwell

My preference here would be celestial halo over karabak at these wights and I expect him to take this on the form we have seen recently.Im a little surprised to see tarkari run here as im sure he has a decent handicap in him off his current mark and a solid run here could see him take a fair rise in the weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment