Saturday 29 January 2011

Saturdays thoughts

Racing still in doubt so just putting my general thoughts up at the moment at will update later with my selections if hopefully racing gets the go ahead.

Cheltenham

12.55
Indian daudaie is the trickiest of these to asses as you never really know what improvement Nicholls can get out of these types,for me he is opposable though at his current price as he has to carry a penalty and looked stayer on his French form which is no better than some other form on offer here.
Maoi chin tire sprang a bit of a shocker last time out and on this stiffer course upped in grade and softer surface I think he will probably be found out near the finish.
Akula is interesting for me here as I had this one marked down as a possible fred winter type on his solid run last time out. He already holds a mark which should see him get in that race with no issues and im a little surprised as to what connections feel they could gain by running him here,maybe connections are short of options but for me this maybe says they think there is maybe a little more improvement to be had and when looking a last time out he was hardly knocked about,I like the booking of Richard Johnson and think he could go well at a price.
Local hero sets the level of form for me here and out of the front 3 in the market he would be my choice however I don’t think the form of his run last time out deserves the rating its been given and he again has to show form on a new type of course.
Third intention does not appeal as to one that has much more improvement in him for me and the 2nd from last time out did not really improve again next time.For me he is a little short in the market and would rather be against for now.
Lapin garou showed little on debut and needs to improve,nick Williams is not bad with juveniles though and for that reason you would never rule out an improved run.
Mark twain receives weight from all here and looking at his handicap rating which he has been given then he well treated.Obviously this can not really be taken at face value in these races but he has not really done much wrong in his first 2 tries over hurdles,stable going well and again would be off more interest than the front 3 in the market.
Not the strongest of grade 2 and my 2 against the field are akula and mark twain.

130
Shakalakaboomboom for me here is the first one I want to be against.Has won his last 2 and no doubt we are not certain as to how much improvement he still ahs however after watching last times race im not sure he is completely straightforward and im sure that the left handed course has suited him well on the last 2 occasions.There are plenty others with similar credentials for me here on form.
Its bad enough trying to rate these handicappers when you can see the races so trying to look at the newbury race of ikorodu road,ravethebrave and misstre dancer is extremely tough it’s a hard call but my marginal preference would be for ravethebrave who I think is slowly improving this season and has valuable course experience.
Thegiantbolster is an interesting one for me here as I dont think he looks that badly treated when you start to look into his form.Last season he ended up improving all season and once given this conditions put up his best performance to date.That obviously was over hurdles and since switching to fences we have only seen him twice,the first occasion he won a Worcester novice in decent style.Last time out he was ran in one of the hottest novice chases of the season,he had jumped well upto the point of his departure that day and although it was obviously far to early to predict his finishing position he was still travelling well within himself.Conditions look perfect and im sure connections could have found easier opportunities if they felt the horse had lost hos confidence in any way.
I don’t think pearlysteps is much better than he has shown and would happily take on,Diamond brook has won his last 2 but this is much more competitive and he needs to find plenty on ratings for me whilst cotehill and vino greigo make little appeal.
Thegiantbolster looks a fair price for me and is my selction ravethebrave heads the dangers.

200
Great to see noland back over fences but think he is worth taking on here off top weight as he does have questions to answer.Little josh obviously has to be repected as he did run respectably still of his new mark until making a mistake lto.Also the pace element here is interesting here most races at Cheltenham these days are ran at a decent clip but there is plenty here that like to make it buffalo bob appeals the most out f all these and his ability to stay further maybe a blessing here and I think he is still on a very competitive mark.If the race is set up for a hold upo horse then the one im most interested in is chaportugeon who despite being hard to win with ahs plenty in his favour for me.This ground suits him and lto looked very much like a test the water mission on his best form he is well tersted and I can see him running a big race.

230
Punchestowns is a decent lay for me here just cant understand why he is the price he is when you have proven chase grade 1 performers in the line up.My dilemma is who to take him on with tidal bay is a class act on his day and genrally seems to be holding his form better these days the race could be run to suit and despite him being flattered last time out he is the likely winner I expect. Neptune collonges is hard to asses as on his old form he is a big player here,he did not show a great deal lto but I think today we could see a different performance.I like the fact ap is booked here and I think if he cant get nc out in front enjoying himself then they will take some serious catching.

305
This is tough as plenty are improvers my thoughts are backspin is well respected with the form being franked and he would be my clear choice over rock on ruby and bobs worth.
The one howver who makes most appeal for me at the prices is habbie simpson,a little exposed than some off these his form is solid and when you look at his run lto I dont think he had much go right for him being to far of the pace then making ground to quickly then and I can see him run well at his price he represents the value for me.

335
Grand crus has been one of the big success for the pipe team this season and looks sure to go close here again today. This is another new challenge and his price today is far to short for me.bensalem and spirit river both have question marks about them at there prices.Organesteur is next best in the market and simply for me at these weights if he stays the trip then he is the most likely winner.The other that makes some appeal is arcallis who may have been flattered slightly by his run lto but is interesting for me in a race he can be competetive in over this trip.

410
decoy went into the notebook lto and could be anything here for me and is very interesting type on his handicap debut however he does look to need further at the same time and has plenty to find on form. Art professor is interesting on his form of a couple of seasons back and he has shown enough promise in his 2 runs recently to suggest he could retain his ability fairly treated on his best form and with conditions to suit I expect him to go close.The other horse of interest for me here is fushe jo who is a massive price when you consider his record when fresh has to be a lsight doubt about liking for course and may need an easier test but risk is worth taking at odds available.


215 doncaster
I maybe willing to take a chance here on grand lahou bouncing back to form.If he does however he looks well treated enough to suggest he can win a decent race,The quicker ground will suit and his running style should be well suited to this course.

245 doncaster
rose of the moon looks a smart type and will improve for this trip.

320 doncaster
This course and distance is perfect for Calgary bay and after supporting him plenty of times I don’t plan to pass on him now fistral beach is the obvious danger and is clear top rated for me but hes up in grade which is a concern looking at past performances.



Running balance January -6.1pts

1 comment:

  1. ferragamo shoes

    the information of this post is very relevant
    for what i am looking for, thank you so much for sharing this one

    ReplyDelete