Tuesday 16 November 2010

Tuesday

The weekends racing at cheltenham was obviously excellent but from a personal betting point of view it was however extremely disappointing and I showed a large loss over the 3 days.The original purpose of the blog was to highlight to my self the areas off racing that my approach does not work.Now to me it was clearly shown this weekend that due to the nature of cheltenham I need to profile potential improver's into my handicap ratings more favourably along with ranking previous course form at a higher importance level than I do.I also have the issue that If I look at a handicap for long enough then im certain I will find the winner such is the confidence that I have in undoing these races and finding an angle for a selection in them.Clearly on some occasions I need more discipline.Plenty of lesson learnt though and although it was frustrating to be rewarded with little from the time and effort that went into analysis the races im sure that im now in a better position for the future.

Few quick thoughts on some of the weekends performances.Cue card will win any novice event at the festival for me was not really a fan until this performance.Much better horse for the fast pace and hurdling improved a lot on last time.It clearly looked like this was mr thrillers festival and he ran a good race until falling which left the path clear for time to rupert to take the novice chase the winner did well wo win at this trip but ill be reserving any judgement on him until we see him move up in trip as currently I would not be rushing in to back him at current price for festival.Sam winner won the opening race on saturday and is now fav for triumph not convinced with the race myself.Long run and mad max both ran respectable races and will be interesting to see them both on flat tracks next time. Rajamand was running a good race in the last when coming down and surely is better than his current mark but im sure plenty others are aware of that now as well.Im sure there are going to be better 2 mile races than the race in which Gauvain won and in fact I would be taking little from the race at the moment yes the winner could improve again and the 2nd needs further now.Menorah was the highlight for me on the final day and im convinced he will be hard to beat now for the champion hurdle this season as he is so well suited to how races at cheltenham are ran.

No bet today few thoughts for the action though.

2.10 folk

I like Princess rainbow here should appreciate these conditions more than when winning at hereford last time out and a reproduction of that form has her clear of ocean transit anyway on what they have both shown so far over hurdles.3/1 was the price I had in mind but is a little shorter than those odds at the moment so will pass.

2.40 folk

Looks ultra tough this zarrafakt and plen pouvoir both have more races in them both this season and would be my idea of the likely winners.raymond was improving with every run last season and can also go fresh whilst I would not rule out a return to form from gaora lane as he likes these conditions.Far to difficult and no real betting angle but could see the form holding up.

3.30 fak

Red skipper looks like he has been lined up for a small handicap somewhere and expect he will show improved form today.On what he has shown so far  is held by luthien who I have top rated and he could also improve on last time out.Both horses are under 5/1 this morning though so I do not feel either are worth the risk.

November Balance -13.67pts

1 comment:

  1. The Open meeting at Cheltenham is always tough and sometimes its best to watch and take notes rather than entering the betting ring as its near impossible to spot winners if there is no form to go on.
    I use the Weekender results section to highlight young horse's that are improving.
    Midnight Chase ran a tremendous race and - after Lacdoudal won the X-Country - he should have been everyone's nap.
    Both Long Run and Mad Max do not handle Cheltenham's hill on the run-in.
    The Little Josh / Weird Al formline now looks the biz.
    And the Munster National at Limerick is again throwing-up a lot of good horses.

    ReplyDelete