Thursday 11 November 2010

Thursdays Thoughts

Yesterday proved to be an eventful days racing,was nice to be on the returning end of some good luck when monsieur caught the eased up likely winner.Sure that will go down as my luckiest winner of the season at the end of the day they all count.Summery justice bounced back to form and also got myself and the stable of the cold list earlier in the day.Credit I think goes to aidan coleman here who was working at his mount form some way home but kept the horse in some kind of rhythm he missed the odd fence out and if he can work on his jumping a little I expect he can find another race.Overall 2 nice winners to bring the blog into profit for November.


Racing seems a bit more low key today but I'm sure that's because we have been spoilt a little this week and I'm very focused on getting the cheltenham fields sorted out for this weekend.

Ludlow

200 Market has now corrected itself in this race as no way should key cutter have ever been put in as fav on what he has shown so far.Think this is between holmwood legend and midnight haze both have doubts at the same time and there seems little value in the race as both are the front 2 in the market.

230 Would not surprise me to see gortenbuie run a respectable race here 2nd in a bumper last season extremely backward type but has reportedly done well over the summer period,the trainer is so hard to read with these types but with cavite bela having some question marks I would put not put anybody off a small play however I would want bigger than the 8/1 for a full selection.

400 Drumlang 1/2pt e/w 14/1 vc pp bog

I don't tend to put many up in bumpers, as you had probably realised by now I tend to focus on handicappers that we generally know plenty about however the key thing in every race I look at though is value and here I believe I am getting a price on a horse that should be half the odds this morning.Firstly there are plenty others with claims and we don't know how much some of these could improve for runs etc but drumlang showed up well on his one run last season when very backward,that form is equal to the market leaders here.He is flat bred which is a little different to most from this stable and has reportedly strengthened up and shown a lot more over the summer.It comes with risk but I think the price compensates.

Taunton

310 sun quest 1/2 pt e/w 9/1 365 wh bog

Pennelis looks most likely winner showed improved form last time and any improvement on that run should see him well in here.Sun quest is exposed but I have him rated the same as pennelis at these weights.He is likely to have plenty use made of him over this trip but his racing style is suited to this course and I think he may just stretch these from the front.

340 Thievery can win a race of his current mark but he only just stays the 2mile trip and can run the odd poor race when things do not go his way.Randjo showed up well last time out and does not need to improve on that run really to take this.Prices are about right for both selections and best left I think.

November balance +7.30

No comments:

Post a Comment