Wednesday 27 October 2010

Wednesday

Few handicaps at haydock today to have a look at and found the one selection.
In the 325 barwell bridge could run a better race than last time now stepped up in trip and down in grade.The next I like oscar honey on his old form but he is just to hit and miss to be confident about.Catch Bob 435 surely has a race or 2 in him this season I get the feeling though that it maybe another day.

Looking at the 250 then desperate dex has respectable form but not form that says he should be 3/1 he is the main danger to my selection as I think a large majority of these like genuine quick ground.Master somerville does not want it to soft either but I think it should about be OK for him here,has a good record fresh and I defiantly think he can still win of this mark.He has won his 3 out the last 4 races at this grade and finishing 3rd in the other and I expect him to go very close today.

At punchestown it will be interesting to see how noble prince gets on in the novice chase as he is a horse of some potential still over longer distances.

250 haydock 1/2pt e/w master somerville 7/1 gen is weak so I would take bog

1 comment:

  1. We seem to think along the same lines. Master Someville hit a couple of fences really hard, and that probably took a lot out of him. Were he not so "ring rusty" he would have been thereabouts I'm sure. If he can find a race on Good-to-Soft then he will recoup, as he is potentially well-handicapped (on his 2nd to Edgbriar).
    In the 3:25, the two youngest horses (both 4yo) were fighting out the finish - again!
    And in Ireland, NOBLE PRINCE won. I really liked this horse last season but he couldn't get his head in front in some goood races.

    ReplyDelete