Wednesday 18 May 2011

Wednesday

No joy yesterday from the 3 selctions tinseltown managed a place so not too much damage done but I have to say I was dissapointed with how both the other selections ran.
Plenty of action again today not so many races or horses of appeal though, I think I have one solid selection and one risky one over the jumps whilst the 2 flat horses im sure will prove better than there current marks especially the latter horse.

Advised Selections

6.10punc kilflora 1/2pt each way 10/1 365 pp bog

8.20worc fire and rain 1/2pt each way 14/1 gen bog

Flat Selections

3.45good cosimo de medici 5/1 hills 365 bog

3.55kemp st oswald 5/2 hills 365 bog

1/2pt each way double

6.10 punch
The thing that made this race most atrractive to start with is the the amount of horses that seem to be out of form or ideally suited by further and you could also proabbly add there are a few coming back from decent lay offs.I have no doubt there are horses in here who are more fairly treated than kilflora but we have a consisitent 2 mile performer who is way over priced.Thats proabbly down to the fact she fell lto thats a small concern but previously jumping has been fine and aslong as the confidence is still there I cant see it being a problem today.

8.20 worc
This ones a bit more risky I have to say but if fire and rain is to bounce back to form the handicapper has certainly gave him a chance now,these sharper courses tend to suit him and id like to see him out the fornt enjoying himself especially as he stays further than this the ground should be ideal now as genuine summer ground is what this horse wants,This is much weaker than races he has been running in and im hopeful of a return to form.

3.45 good
Had this down to 2 dazinski looks like he should be involved after showing promise lto and the booking of fallon is no negative but id have him a similar price to the selction and for that reason ive had to go with cosimo de medici.CDM has not had many chances on turf and I think he showed enough lto to suggest there are races in him of this mark, I dont like comparing aw mark to flat to much as horses no doubt can be much better on one of the other but I think the only reason cdm is lower rated is due to the fact of limited opputunities.The slight concern is handling the course I think and I would like to see him ridden more prominent this time.The tongue strap is back on which suggests there wis improvemnet in lto peformance.

3.55 kemp
I was very tempted to consider a serious bet on st oswald today but then I think I realised im looking at 3yold handcappers here and you never know whta you could be getting involved in.No doubt there are a couple of unexposed types here but none more so than st oswald I cant see roger charlton having to many horses rated this low in his yard and Ive no doubt he is going to be rated a lot higher than that soon,hes also entered at windosr in a few days and I can see him running up a sequence as he steps up in trip.The mile today will bring out more and id be suprised if he is not good enough today.I thought he would be under the 2/1 mark this morning and suprised that you can even get 11/4 in a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment