Tuesday 3 May 2011

Tuesday - Punchestown Day 1

Well nice to have some high quality jumps action back again today for me punchestown is gaining a little more importance year on year and im sure there will be more than a couple horses who show improved form these next few days after being put away for this meeting.

Advised Selections

4.20 punc il fenomeno 20/1 3/4pt win 365 bog

4.55 punc grey soldier 12/1 1/2pt each way bet fred bog

6.50 exeter beauchamp viking 1/2pt win 5/1 gen bog

5.00 fakenham marie de laufon 3/4pt win 7/1 betfred bog

Flat selections

7.00 catt mandalay king 1/2pt each way 13/2 gen bog



3.40 punch
The front 3 in the betting are all obviously respected here and its not really my type of betting race anyway but I think not to pushed is worth a quick mention as he was not going to badly in this last year has experience over the banks and showed up well lto only a 7yold so may have a bit more scope in him and I dont think hes a 20/1 shot.

4.20 punch
Im willing to be proven wrong here but this is going to prove a weak grade 1 race im sure,Im can easily take on most here at the prices as I think there is little between them all and most have question marks whether being ground hurdling or simply not good enough.For that reason I want to take a chance with il fenemeno who showed up well 8 days ago on his first try over hurdles and I think its intresting connections bring him out again so quickly what adds further intrest is the stables record in this arce and also im sure noel meade would have had another couple of horses he could have ran here.Group 3 winner on the flat and has had plenty of rcaing in that sphere so inexperience will not be so much of an issue for me and at the prices he is worth a small bet I think

4.55 punch

Well the front 2 are very poor value here of the 2 nearest the pin proabbly has less than wee giant to prove and would be my pick of them.Im not saying wee giant cant win this either and at the forcast of 10/1 I was intrested in this horse as im sure he is one of thoose who is going to improve a fair bit but backing horses like this at these prices does not appeal.Grey soldier is the one I want to be with as im sure there is a decent handicap in him when things drop right, the biggest concern today is his jumping but if it does hold up then I think he should go well as there is plenty back in his favour.Cheletenham was anon event for him as he made a bad mistake and was also hampered when beaten the run before was on ground totally unsuitable.Im sure they will go a decent pace here and that on decent ground is exactly what he needs over this trip.

5.30 punch
For what its worth Sizing europe is my likely winner I see no reason to oppose him here but its not a race im going to be getting involed in at the prices.

6.40 punc
Plenty of tehse have doubts about them I think a couple have stamina question marks and plenty have jumping issues and for that reason im starting to think quito de la roque despite not having his ideal ground will be a very tough horse to beat again today his overall record is excellent theres support for a couple here this morning and if its posibble to get some 3/1 latter I expect I will get involved.

6.50 exeter
This is not going to take much winning.misamon does not have a bad win record for a horse of his ability but back from a break without the usual headgear im happy to take.Overall I think this is a match between bushwacker and beachump viking what makes it wasy is the fact they ran against each other just 7 days ago over similar conditions.Beauchump viking is twice the price and has a better chance at teh weights today so its an easy decision to say he is the better value pick today.

5.00 fakenham
Little carmella is the obvious one to beat but is a poor price for a horse that does not win that often.petit fleur has been more consitent recently but looks held overall of this mark.Marie de laufon makes a fair bit of appeal though here, if you look at the 2 uttoxeter runs last season they are more than fair enough runs to suggest she can be competieve of this mark.Shes also proven on 2 occasions she can go well fresh and this trip looks well within here especially over a sharo tarck like this.


7.00 catterick
I had this down to a couple of noted horses here but happily one of thoose has now came out the race and despite mandalay king being a hard horse to win with I think there is plenty about his chances today to suggest he could get his head in front.7f catterick decent ground fast pace stronger jockey are what I have down for this horse and I think we can happily say there is a good chance we are going to get all these today, he will still need a little luck in running being the horse he is but apart from the john quinn and nichols horse I dont see much else in this.


8.30 catt
wicked wilma is worth a mention she may just need this run but I think she can still be involved and im dissapointing the race has cut up now as Expect she will be in the first 3,im sure she has a race like this in her of this mark,the fav will be hard to beat now back to form but I would not want here running unsupported at decent odds,she races prominent and I expect she may trade shorter than here starting odds before I hope just needing the run in the final furlong.

No comments:

Post a Comment