Thursday 5 May 2011

Thursday

Nice winner yesterday with scotsirish my view was that he was always going to get there and the leader at the time looked like a tired fall for me.Credit to ruby who sat of the fast pace and let his horse creep into things.The flat horses did not really show much spark but at the prices im playing at long losing spells will happen with these.

Punchestown is very tricky I think today and similar can probably be said about a fair bit of the racing today I like a few at newton abbot though and 2 are double figure prices so it was an easy choice to go with these pair.


Advised Selections

3.05 newton abbot kylenoe fairy 1/2pt each way 14/1 gen bog

4.10 newton abbot carhue princess 1/2pt each way 14/1 365 bog

Flat Selection

5.10 chester norman opera 1/2pt each way 12/1 365 bog



1.55 newton abbot
getaway driver has a race in him judging by the promise shown so far.Stable going well and I expect a decent showing my concern is the lack of experience.

305 newton abbot
This looks a decent handicap a few come here of the back of decent efforts and I expect we may see a few more winners come out of this.A fast pace looks a gurantee and I think that could just play to my slection here as long as she does not get herself to out of things.kylenoe fairy has showen more than enough promise on teh last 2 occasions to suggest this is a winning mark the newbury run was especially intresting and its a bonus we have a capable jockey taking an extra 5lbs off here.

3.35 newton abbot
master somerville is worth amention here has been a previous blog selection and a horse I know well.With a clear round off this mark ms wins today it that simple I think.This is easier for him as well so If he is going to put it all together I expect today will be the day.At 5/1 I think im happy to let this one go though.

4.10 newton abbot
glen lady will be a tough one to beat here but shes no certainty to repeat that run of lto 2nd time after a break and offers little value.carhue princess Showed a bit more promise lto afetr a break and was not knocked about suggesting that run was always going to be needed she had some ok novice hurdle form in better grades than this and I think she looks to be on a fair mark.

5.10 chester
The front 2 in the betting are obvious ones here and I expect they both will prove to be better than there handicap marks in time my concern with them both though is this is going to be a lot different than maiden company and they could just find this to tough at this stage especially as I think there are plenty other well treated horses in here and its a race I would be looking at for future winners in the coming weeks.I dont want to let norman opera run unsupported though now stepped up in trip should handle the course and as long as the breaks come I think this one should go close.Jockey has had a few winners and plenty experience now so I think the claim will balance that out and again a double figure price makes the risk worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings,

    I enjoy your fine blog. Would you be kind enough to review my blog for possible inclusion on your blog.


    http://thebankbuilder.blogspot.com

    Thank you

    jake

    ReplyDelete